Reply To: Bella-test: Day 2. So many questions... :)

Forums General Bella-test: Day 2. So many questions... :) Reply To: Bella-test: Day 2. So many questions... :)

Jeremy Hill

Hey, thanks for the detailed feedback!

Regarding the hierarchy in the gui, indeed that is very simplistic still, but I think all the items you mention are already on the to-do list. You cannot yet duplicate a material (or any node), but that is also something that will be added.

Regarding the “add element” link in a mesh, that is something that will disappear in the next build; it’s only there because the gui is quite generic, so everything that supports such a function internally, is having it exposed in the current build (and in the case of a mesh step, or some other things, is not really applicable in a gui context).

Now, on the floating point error reports, I would really appreciate any repro scene, since these can be coming from anywhere, whether in our code, or in third-party code.

Regarding the invisible mesh, it could be that the parent transform has visibility set to hidden, but if not then I guess I’d need a scene to repro and see if there is potentially some bug. Regarding re-importing, that is another yet-to-be implemented gui feature, and it is also related to, for instance, importing/referencing external scenes, materials, etc.

Regarding the blend node connections, by default there is a filter active in the hypershade nodegraph:

filter

If you clear that, then you should see what you’re looking for, but let me know if it ends up you are referring to something else.

On the last items, I think the problem is that the “glass” and “water” materials are a special type of material node, so the generic code dealing with material types is probably not filtering things properly — I’ll take a look.