Reply To: Designing a fast material editor with most of the functionality of nodes

Forums Wish List Designing a fast material editor with most of the functionality of nodes Reply To: Designing a fast material editor with most of the functionality of nodes

EricEric

Thanks, This image is a test render (which serves as a folder thumbnail, to remind me to use these nice assets…)

Most of these objects are 3Dscans, and generally come with one diffuse colour map (which has been downsized and graded beforehand) , and most of the materials are the same structure 1 diffuse base plus 1 spec layer, so I often just duplicate a similar material in the scene and swap in the new map.

With an efficient material editor + C4D’s smoothness, this OCD folder management only took about 3hrs including prepping the maps. The objects have dynamic proxies so they fall under gravity onto the table, it really is the easiest way…. 🙂

Btw. The scene is lit with a room rather than HDRI, the room has a HDR photo of an art gallery photomapped onto the walls, so the vertical walls of the room are 1 emitter.

Also if you ever need this C4D project and folder I can upload it. They are public domain assets, but I have lost the links.