Reply To: Designing a fast material editor with most of the functionality of nodes

Forums Wish List Designing a fast material editor with most of the functionality of nodes Reply To: Designing a fast material editor with most of the functionality of nodes

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

Well, aside from the question of the generic material editor, capable of dealing with all the types and connections, I am also currently defining some higher-level materials, as discussed a bit in the other thread. So, there will be some interesting possibilities there, as well.

For example, you can spend x-amount of time developing a particular type of material, which operates in terms of only a handful of important inputs, and we can then encode that in a simplified bona fide material, which exposes just those parameters, and does smart stuff with them, just prior to the start of rendering.

Regarding your cinema project, I will surely not turn that down, as we always need good things to test with, and I know your stuff generally pushes the limits. I still remember times when it took me a good solid half-hour just to figure out how the heck some of your scenes worked. 🙂