Reply To: Could be promising

Forums General Could be promising Reply To: Could be promising

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

Thanks for taking the time, I really appreciate it. I’ll roll this around in my head, along with the other input you’ve given, and see what I can come up with.

One thing on which I’d be interested in hearing your opinion, regards an external material file format. Obviously bella still lacks this, and it is because I always delay defining something like that until it is absolutely necessary. The reason for this is, you always end up regretting creating something earlier rather than later, when you have more complete information on how it should be designed.

So I’d be interested to know, if I added a bella material file format, what percentage of time do you think you’d use pre-built materials contained in files, as opposed to creating a material from scratch in the scene.

And secondly, how important would it be to you to be able to reference a material file, as opposed to using it as a template to create an independent material in your scene — would you predominantly use one method or the other, or would you typically use a mix of the two.