Reply To: 21.2.0 - Apollo/Atlas integration, PBR materials finalized, node conversion

Forums Releases 21.2.0 - Apollo/Atlas integration, PBR materials finalized, node conversion Reply To: 21.2.0 - Apollo/Atlas integration, PBR materials finalized, node conversion

Jeremy Hill

Yes, apologies that it took so long this time, but along with the other developments, it turned into quite a long process to finalize all the tweaks and validate that the new materials are working how we wanted, and then to integrate them into the plugins.

Which reminds me to say, I did not mention above that the Rhino plugin also goes to some length to translate Rhino’s Physically-Based material to Bella Uber, so that people are able to use Bella with scenes they have already built for use with Cycles, and so forth. It will still best to use the Bella materials directly if possible, since there is zero translation involved there (just for example, each Rhino texture may have separate mapping settings, so you end up with a lot of texforms attached to the textures, where if you assign PBR textures to a Bella Uber directly, the plugin is able to connect them all to a single texform, controlling mapping for all textures), but I wanted you to have the option of working either way.