In this build we integrated Intel Embree, updated OpenImageDenoise, and improved the data we generate for it, made IPR more responsive in general, and fixed various other issues. We have also updated all documentation (see the Docs menu in the website main menu).
Here are a series of images showing improvements over the 20.8 -> 20.13 -> 20.15 builds, all are rendered the same amount of time:
And here are the same images, denoised:
Next, another series of images, again rendered the same amount of time:
And here are these, denoised:
Lastly, I have also uploaded a tool I use to compare performance between Bella and two other engines, using this scene:
You can view it here, it provides an interactive side-by-side comparison. I am not going to name the other renderers (referred to as X and Y) since we don’t know if there’s any liability to doing that, and don’t want to ask a lawyer.
In addition to the visual comparison, it is also interesting to look at the PNG file sizes:
These are the original PNG sizes of the full 2500 x 2000 px renderings, as saved by the renderers. I stopped rendering in Bella after 360 minutes because there wasn’t much point going any further.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.