File Association Icon in Windows File Manager

Forums SketchUp Plugin File Association Icon in Windows File Manager

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by ntxdave.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

When I look at the files in a folder in Windows 10 File Manager, all of the BSA files have the Acrobat PDF file icon. Is there a way to associate them with Bella or something else so that they do not look like PDF files?

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

I have had various issues with associating files with applications ever since windows 7, and I think the most reliable way I’ve found, besides using a third-party utility is:

1. right-click on a .bsa file and hit Properties
    2. click the Change button, for the Opens with property
    3. browse to the bella_gui.exe file and choose it

To find bella_gui.exe, since it is unzipped by sketchup somewhere in your sketchup plugins directory, right-click on it in the task bar (I am assuming you have pinned it to the taskbar), right-click on its name in the menu that pops up, and choose Properties — you will find the path to it in the Target locatio property, or you can just click the Open file location button.

Thanks Jeremy – That was the process I had tried before but when I searched, I looked for Bella and did not find it. Did not search for the full .exe file name though.

Worked great. 🙂

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

Great, when there’s more time we’ll try and do fun stuff like Explorer thumbnails for bella files, and so forth. 🙂

Does this update mean we can now upload an image?

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

Sorry, no, it just means I happened to find a setting in the forum software that adds this more WYSIWYG editor (the previous one is still available by clicking the blue “Text” button at top-right).

OK – the visual version does seem to me to be a little more “user friendly” though……..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.