mix material through alpha channel

Forums General mix material through alpha channel

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi, your renderer looks promising. May I ask how someone can create a mix material through a simple grayscale channel image? I guess that could be the stack material but I can’t find that in the list..

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

Yes, you can do this with the Blend material, which allows blending together several materials either by opacity value, or by opacity map.

Hi again and thank you for the note. As I’m getting used to the UI, I think I’ve discovered a bug.

While opacity mask works with parametrical features (grid, checkboard etc) does not recognize the UV of the model when using a texture map.

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

I think I would need a file to confirm that; if you are playing with the GUI it can be confusing how to connect textures to desired UV channels on the mesh. It is done by linking the texture in a mesh’s parent transform, and this is normally handled for you by a plugin.

Hi, I think it’s a bug

here are some files, UVs assigned in c4d

https://we.tl/t-jemIaPsUc9

hope that helps

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

As far as I can tell it is working correctly; the object has only one set of UVs, and they appear the same in bella, as when I import the .obj into cinema:

bella (geo scaled -1 in X):

cinema:

it works as a simple diffuse texture. Does not work as an opacity mask between two materials

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

Ah sorry, I thought you meant there was an issue with handling of UVs. I think what you want to do is unassign the map from your lambert0 material (or not), and assign fileTexture0:outAverage to opacity for the lambert material in the blendMaterial:

If you click the little “arrow” icon at the right side of the opacity attribute, you will get a drop-down that lets you select various compatible output attributes from other nodes, so you would select fileTexture0 -> outAverage.

thank you, that was it!

I appreciate your prompt reply and overall approach, gives me a good signal for professional use

I’ve also sent you an email, no matter the specific proposal I will look closely the progress of Bella and sooner or later acquire the license in order to incorporate it into our workflow

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

Great, glad that helped, and thanks for giving Bella a try. 🙂

I did get a message from you through our contact form, and have sent 2 replies, but I do not yet see a reply to those yet in my inbox, so please check your junk mail folder.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.