News & WIP

Forums General News & WIP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

I’m going to use this thread to post various things related to our current developments, when we want to show something that is not deserving of posting in the gallery section.

To get things started, here are a couple of images from my experimentation with Albert’s new Subsurface model. First, a stick of butter:

And, with a paper (sheet material with scattering) wrapper:

nice… can you share a vew materials so I can understand how to make some myself? like a general purpose materials so we can start a library of some sort.

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

The butter material cannot be made until the next build, it is using the new SSS that Albert is in the midst of finishing.

The paper is made using the Sheet material, with Scattering in the medium. The Sheet material is the same thing as a Layer (that you can put over a Conductor or Dielectric), but without any substrate.

The plate is just using the Ceramic material, the knife is using the Complex material with Type=Silver, and the table cloth is just a lambert with texture connected to reflectance,

hmm… well I must say that after about 15 years of maxwell I don’t get along easily with making materials on other systems. it’s similar yet still very confusing, I tried to assemble a scene and render with Bella but couldn’t figure out some of the materials, it’s a bit confusing for me 🙁 that’s why I asked for some library presets 😉

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

Sure, we can work on that. The “smart” materials (plastic, ceramic, metal, glass, water, urethane) are the initial  form of this, they are basically like presets that have a few changeable parameters.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.