OS X question

Forums General OS X question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    PhilipPhilip

I noticed that the Mac/GUI-version (only?) works on OS X Mojave. Will we soon be getting support for OS X Catalina as well? I haven’t upgraded to Catalina yet and will probably wait a couple of weeks before doing so, anyway.

Philip

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

I generally delay on macos support until one or two updates have been released, to avoid chasing ghosts, and besides this, catalina coincided with us trying to stop touching critical code, in order to ensure a reasonably stable release. So I’ll be digging into this soon, now that we are past the release.

PhilipPhilip

Ok, thanks!

Philip

PhilipPhilip

Will we be able to use Bella on OS X Catalina when the Rhino plugin is ready? Catalina is quite ‘mature’ by now.

Philip

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

Indeed, everything will switch to catalina with that build.

PhilipPhilip

Good, thank you! đŸ™‚

Philip

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

Finally the build is up, sir!

Release announcement is here: https://bellarender.com/forums/topic/20-3-0-ibl-channels-rhino-plugin

And builds are available here: https://bellarender.com/builds

I am going to write a post in the plugin forum, going over basic getting started things, though it should be about as self-explanatory as possible at this point.

Cheers!

Hi,

Has anybody tried Bella on Mac OSX High Sierra? 

Cheers,
    Aron

Jeremy HillJeremy Hill

Hi Aron, it may work, but we do not test that, nor officially support it. It may just work as-is, or involve messing around with Gatekeeper settings and such, since apple changes how things work from release to release, or it may not work at all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.