Un-dispersion of dispersion

Forums Gallery Un-dispersion of dispersion

This topic contains 30 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Jeremy Hill 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Hill
    Jeremy Hill

I’m gonna try doing you one or two better than making the cube metallic..

šŸ™‚

Jeremy Hill
    Jeremy Hill

Here we go, same 30 minutes, 7 threads, 4930mx as before .. a bit more noise in this one, but I lose track of how many levels of caustics we can see, since I am pretty sure we see the cube’s own caustics, which first passed through the glass and the cube, back through the cube itself, and then the glass.

Jeremy Hill
    Jeremy Hill

On second thought, the technique may not work on that scene, because a perfect laser (running precisely parallel to the back walls of the glass box without touching) would not leave an imprint on the graded cards. On the original collimator the beam fans out by a few degrees, just enough to graze the cards (inside and on top of) the glass box.

Ah, missed this — well the emitter aperture is able to be adjusted to your desired angle, so we can use what we need, and skip what we don’t. So we’ll see.

Thomas An.

Iā€™m gonna try doing you one or two better than making the cube metallic..
    ….
    Here we go, same 30 minutes, 7 threads, 4930mx as before ..

You sure did ! šŸ˜®
    This test scene is so defeated, it’s knocked out to orbit.
    Knock shoes off

Jeremy Hill
    Jeremy Hill

šŸ™‚

I’m gonna put this one to bed with these two 5.5 hour renders — I just wanted to see more details.

Thanks so much Thomas for the thought and work you put into these scenes, they are wonderful tools, and over time I’ll try to make my way through them all (some we have used already for checking performance, and validating technical factors).

Thomas An.

Yeah, this one is in bed … six feet under water … Oscar and Albert have been holding out on us.

Dispersion and reflective caustics are considered by many as superfluous and yet it is actually the “IT” factor for realism.

Oscar Cano
    Oscar Cano

We absolutely agree with that.

Caustics are often greatly underestimated, perhaps because of the difficulty involved in calculating them correctly that causes them to be used on rare occasions. Nevertheless for us they are always a priority and we dedicate efforts so that they can be calculated as efficiently as possible in non trivial situations.

Tella

These images are absolutely beautiful, technically speaking. And you Oscar and Albert, are unique in this world.
    Astonishing results!

Fer

Oscar Cano
    Oscar Cano

Thank you very much for your kind words! šŸ™‚

Maximus3D

Very impressive work so far, it’s good to see a shiny new render engine perform so well so early in it’s development cycle. šŸ™‚

/ Magnus

Jeremy Hill
    Jeremy Hill

Thanks Sir, very nice to see you here! šŸ™‚

Oscar Cano
    Oscar Cano

Thank you very much for your words! Great to see you here šŸ™‚

Maximus3D

Hi Jeremy and Oscar! it’s nice to meet you both again in a whole new place, i hope you’re doing well. šŸ™‚
    Although i have no software your engine supports yet i will still hang out here and follow the development until there’s support for Blender and/or Cinema4D.

/ Magnus

Oscar Cano
    Oscar Cano

Hi Magnus, the pleasure is ours! We are very excited and totally committed to this project that we have begun with great enthusiasm.
    Although for the moment it’s a pity there is no plugin in which you can work, but you know that C4D is in our plans, we will be happy to answer any question or suggestion you may have.
    I hope that you are doing well too. šŸ™‚

Maximus3D

Hi Oscar!

I can see the commitment here in the forum, a lot has happend in a short time which is always positive. šŸ™‚
    No worries about missing plugins yet, there will be time for those later on. I’m prepared to wait until you got the engine fully working with the main Maya and 3dsmax plugins done. Good to hear you got Cinema4D planned, but don’t forget about Blender which is growing fast in popularity now.

šŸ™‚

/ Magnus

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.